Seafrogs LED flash (not strobe)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asherlc

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Newbie underwater photographer here, and general cheapskate. I'm trying to build a beginner rig, and saw this LED light/flash available: 87.96€ 58% OFF|Seafrogs 6000Lm IPX8 40M Wasserdichte LED Kamera Telefon Füllen Licht Unterwasser Tauchen Fotografie Beleuchtung Zubehör|Photographic Lighting| - AliExpress

It's not a true strobe, but it does seem like it has (at least nominally) a fairly high lumen output at 6000. No guide rating, but an angle of 120 degrees, which seems comparable to a real strobe.

Would this be serviceable at all as a strobe substitute, or in addition to a true strobe? This may have been discussed elsewhere, but I couldn't find it in my searches (the lack of a model name/number doesn't help).

I just purchased a SF-L01, which has optical sync options and several lightning LEDs (white, RGB, UV). For macro it just seems enough, but I have not tested it underwater yet.

It will be fine for macro stuff and at relatively high ISO. Nothing like a real strobe of course but I have several of the LED lights with "strobe" function. For $100 not a bad deal but be aware that SeaFrogs stuff has a definitely mixed reputation.
Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom