Cheap Saipan Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skewbaa

Registered
Reaction score
For solo tourists visiting Saipan for a short time, is there a cheaper way to dive than going through a dive shop? I'll probably just pony up the money, but the prices are awfully expensive considering it is Saipan--diving prices in the Philippines are half. I read that you can get tank fills for $4 or $5, but I don't know any of the dives sites and I don't want to dive alone--conundrum. Hope the diving's worth it.

If your goung to Saipan, then the Grotto is a must dive, it is a guided dive so no prob on the buddy. Hit the stairmaster before you go it's a 140 steps down and up in full gear, but it is well worth the pain. What is your cert level, I consider it an AOW dive.
As far as dive shops try Speedy Turttle, most of the other shops deal with Japanese only.
Saipan is a lot of fun, but if you want more bang for your buck diving go to Guam and dive with Micronesian Divers Assn. They are the best operation in the western Pacific.

There are lots of local divers that have been known to guide and/or assist tourists free of charge on shore dives. My friend Harry Blalock is one. However, Saipan has great diving, and you're not likely to win friends with the "considering it's Saipan" part of your comment. I've been all over Asia and Saipan is very competitive, not Palau or Sipadan of course, but a great place for diving.

New dive shop in town. Local fellows with lots of diving experience. You should check them out. Very knowledgeable, safe and fun. They usually have BBQs after diving... Lots of Fun!! Check them out at saipandivers.com...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom