Cheap pvc mount... What do you think???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bordiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm about to build a mount to handle 2 lights and give stability to film....

What do you think of instead of doing something like this...

e6y6ysyn.jpg

I add another curve and do something like this?

renaza4a.jpg

To save space it could be stored like this....

e5epyme8.jpg

What do you guys think? Any ideas, suggestions

Thanks!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

One more thing... What´s more important relative to this kind of mount´s buoyancy?

Slightly positive, so if I accidentally drop it, it floats? But being positive, does it makes ... an effort... to keep a 30 minutes dive holding it steady while it wants to float?

Or it´s best to being neutral of slightly negative, but have a it tethered to the bcd, for instance?

Thanks!

I'd say neutral or slightly negative buoyancy for the reasons you just listed. I use a tether as well.

I like your idea for the tray. Similar to SRP tray. What I don't like about that delta design is having to reach out or having to bring the tray so far back to get to the camera controls. It's not a big deal really but a little bit more cumbersome.

Good job on the tray though.

you could use threaded fittings to attach and detach the handles for storage. I built one with a 90 degree elbow (glue one side and thread the other side) glued to the handle. Also fit a bicycle grip on the pipe for a handle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom