Cheap Gas...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Most people in Florida know about Winn Dixie's Fuel perks. If you shop right you can get 50 cents or even a dollar off per gallon at the pump. To be fair, some people think it's a crock or that it won't work. Well, today was a bit different. In the last month I have accrued $3.50/gallon Fuel Perks and ended up spending 5.9 cents a gallon or $1.18 for twenty gallons of gas. Here's my pictorial proof.

2012-11-02_18-30-31_58.jpg

2012-11-02_18-31-25_857.jpg

2012-11-02_18-32-13_799.jpg

2012-11-02_18-34-47_752.jpg

So, what have YOU been paying lately? Or, is that to sore of a subject for you?

How the heck did you get 3.50 per gallon in fuel perks? How much food did you buy?
A good portion of it came from the liquor I bought for the Mega Dive last weekend. I think we got $1.35 just for that. A LOT of the stuff you buy gets additional perks though. A quarter here or fifty cents there can make a difference. I don't buy what we don't eat though. That's a fool's game.

So, what have YOU been paying lately? Or, is that to sore of a subject for you?

Paid $2.999 a couple days ago, $3.019 at a different station today. Those prices are for anyone - no perks or discounts.

Two weeks ago it was $4.09 up here in the GPNW, today it is down to $ 3.63. No Winn Dixie.

The Kroger chain (Fry's, Ralphs, Smiths etc.) does that nationwide also - at least Fry's does in the SW:
ROANOKE, VA --

Good news for Kroger Plus card customers, who also fill-up at Kroger gas stations.

The nation's largest grocery store chain announced this morning (Tuesday), that it will extend its Summer gas discount up of to $2.00 per gallon, through the rest of 2012.

For every 100 points accrued on your Kroger Plus card per month, you can take ten cents per gallon off the price of your fill-up. The maximum amount of points used per fill-up is 2000, meaning you can get $2.00 off per gallon.

"We have extended this promotion at our customers' request," said Carl York, Kroger spokesman in a news release. "We know it comes at a good time with the continued increase in prices at the pump."

You can boost your Kroger points with gift card purchases. Most gift cards bought in Kroger stores normally offer double points. Currently, Kroger is running a promotion for back to school where many gift cards are quadruple fuel points.

Last edited:
Very lucky, we pay about $5 a gallon.......and that's one of the cheapest in Canada.

NetDoc, We'll be in Destin for 3 months starting Jan.1. How does this work? Is it worth it to get into this for that time? What places does one shop at to get these WD Fuel perks? Which gas stations recognize it? We have something like it here in reverse-- you buy gas at the store's own station and they give you a little bit off on groceries.

Back
Top Bottom