How are gas prices and inflation going to affect your diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@TravelGas suggest you have a look at the threads under tech diving about the helium situation. There are a number of them from this year.

EDIT: there are other reasons to go CCR. Warmer/more moist breathing gas so you stay warmer and have less of a cotton mouth, longer dives, better gas logistics, etc.

I can understand that thought. But spending $3000 on training that you won't be able to use seems even more silly. Many places won't fill OC trimix currently. Those that do are spending serious money to make it happen.
Deep air is just a dumb idea, there is a reason it was moved away from. You either pay what it costs to do the dives safely, or you really shouldn't be doing them.
I think the list of TDI Tech classes that I am lining up will be about $7,300 just in Instr. Tuition fees, nothing else included. I was going to just bite the bullet on the humongous Helium bills, but I did not get the memo that shops are no longer filling OC Helium. That really does throw a monkey wrench into my plans.
Most of the wrecks that I want to hit will require Trimix.

I think the list of TDI Tech classes that I am lining up will be about $7,300 just in Instr. Tuition fees, nothing else included. I was going to just bite the bullet on the humongous Helium bills, but I did not get the memo that shops are no longer filling OC Helium. That really does throw a monkey wrench into my plans.

You don’t have to spend $10K-$12K for a new CCR and training. Plenty of used ones out there, but depends on condition, of course.

This is why I have a CCR on order.

I am doing OC heltrox class first though.

I have my own compressor so the electricity probably only costs a few pennies for my gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom