Cheap Florida Diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive here in key largo :http://fabulousvacations.com/tropicvista.html. No frills rooms that are simple, but clean(they don't mind if you keep your dive gear in the room with you), 10' walk to the boat, and excellent captains.

I've used South Florida Diving headquartes as well, and they are a class op too.

On this side of the state, you have Venice Beach for sharks' teeth, and the sugar barge in Bradenton, which is a shore dive.

willow12233:
Hi, my name is Katie, I go to a local college in St. Petersburg but grew up in New Jersey so I am new to Florida diving. This Spring Break my mom, a nondiver, is coming down and she has planned a few dives for me. Because I'm on a tight college budget and I am already spending a good chunk of money for the dives, I am wondering if anyone knows about any cheap motels near Sarasota, Ft. Lauderdale and the Keys. Me and my mom would just need a bed, not much more. Up near us in Penn. there are these hotels called Microtels, there just a cheap place to stay for the night. Also, if anyone here knows of any really cool dives, I would appreciate it. Thanks alot!

-Katie
Have you heard of Lauderdale-By-The-Sea? It is the Best beach dive in Florida.
You can get a room near by for 75.00 per night and all you do is swim out 100 yds and youll think you were in the keys! the only exspense would be food ,room and air refills that you get right there. We go there all the time and its spectacular.
We are holding a clean up dive there on march 19th this saturday its one of our favorite reefs. the water is only 15-20 ft deep and you never have to worry about deco or bottom time! there is a fantastic dive boat operation that will take you out on the reefs there as well check out www.southfloridadivingheadquarters.com or check with google if the link doesnt work... Good luck and have a great dive!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom