Cheap Fast Open Water Class In Florida- Any Ideas Where?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45

Contributor
Reaction score
I want my OW cert.....I need it...I'm getting antsy sitting around here reading about all the nice dives y'all have. The LDS up here in Indiana are piddling around and I am tired of waiting for a spot to open so I can waste 5 weeks attending class one night a week just to get a card so I can legally dive- and be done just in time for my checkout dives to be done as the water temps around here drop like a shed weight belt.

Anybody know of anywhere in Florida that does quick OW classes (like over a weekend? Friday, Saturday, Sunday) I want to come down and get trained. Anyone who would be willing to guide me....and perhaps dive with me after I get checked out would forever be on my Christmas card list. Any suggestions are welcome (as are offers of a place to stay :wink: )

Also if you know of a place that would cut me a break on prices
for bringing my fiancee along and getting her card too, let me know.

Evidently you weren't too happy with Jim at Fun Time in Brazil? His takes 3 weeks. If you want it quicker he does private classes.

Actually I have no problem with Jim and nothing but nice things to say about him.....He's a good instructor and a good person....extremely thorough and knowledgable. I've referred several people to him, as he was my instructor the first time around and he really impressed me (which is saying a lot since my standards for people trying to teach me are quite high). The dive shop I was complaining about actually was one in Indy....I had called Fun Time and got no answer (they may have been out diving or something).

It's just I would like to be diving before the water gets any colder, that's all. Besides this gives me an excuse to go to Florida!

Hey Im from Indianapolis and moved down to the keys and became an instructor and have trained several people. I work at innerspace dive shop but do alot of independent teaching. I have done several classes in the time frame you mentioned alot of it is up to you. How much effort you into some of the class work and how comfortable you are in the water. Love to teach you both together and can help you with some of the local arrangements around here if you want. My email is tdinindy@yahoo.com if you want to email me directly. good luck and have fun.

medic_diver45:
I want my OW cert.....I need it...I'm getting antsy sitting around here reading about all the nice dives y'all have. The LDS up here in Indiana are piddling around and I am tired of waiting for a spot to open so I can waste 5 weeks attending class one night a week just to get a card so I can legally dive- and be done just in time for my checkout dives to be done as the water temps around here drop like a shed weight belt.

Anybody know of anywhere in Florida that does quick OW classes (like over a weekend? Friday, Saturday, Sunday) I want to come down and get trained. Anyone who would be willing to guide me....and perhaps dive with me after I get checked out would forever be on my Christmas card list. Any suggestions are welcome (as are offers of a place to stay :wink: )

Also if you know of a place that would cut me a break on prices
for bringing my fiancee along and getting her card too, let me know.
Check out any Pay And Dive Instantly center.:wink:

Hall's dive shop in Marathon...but it's PRICEY.

Jan Neal is a great instructor, but I don't know what shop she's working for now...down in Daytona Beach.

come to cancun, just like florida without the guns, drugs or hurricanes. The air ticket wont cost you much more.

Medic, it sounds like you have dived before, how many, and what happened last time you took a course that you didnt recieve a cert?

medic_diver45:
I want my OW cert.....I need it...
...Anybody know of anywhere in Florida that does quick OW classes (like over a weekend? Friday, Saturday, Sunday)...
...Also if you know of a place that would cut me a break on prices for bringing my fiancee along and getting her card too, let me know.
medic_diver45 (in the other thread):
...just because I have a background in working with compressed gases and human physiology, I am not going to learn anything from the academic side of things...
...I am going to be taking the full OW course, not some resort class for tourists from a dive shop, not some resort.
Like Walter said.....

you need to get a move on are you still off to the Caribbean and soon?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom