Cheap dive options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Ramtim, First of all, welcome to Houston :) We have a very active scuba club called CHUM - you can find us at CHUM Social Dive Club - Houston Texas SCUBA diving. I invite you to get involved with us - it's a great place to meet and mingle with local divers and someone is always diving somewhere. There are a couple of members who are going on warm water trips in December and again in March and all the scoop on those trips is on our board. We meet once a month - in fact our meeting this month is on Thursday, so if you can, join us. Regarding the Flower Gardens, we plan two trips out there a year but this year, both were blown out. And as others have said, it can be a bit dicey so I would encourage you to get some dives under your belt. Right now, the Fling is the only liveaboard that does that trip but there is a one day trip out of Freeport. I don't remember what the cost is but it's through Captain Beard Charters. Since it's out and back the same day, he doesn't get to the Flower Gardens but if you're looking to dive a rig, that would work. There are local holes within a few hours of pretty much wherever you are in Houston - some have better vis than others but if you're looking to just get wet and get some practice in, they're great spots. And we normally go eat and drink after so that's always good too. For the record, we always do a New Year's Day dive as well. Have fun exploring Houston and hope to see you at a CHUM meeting or CHUM event soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom