Cheap Chinese Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, but I'm a dumbass who thought the arm-length was a bit too long, even though the seal was about right (maybe a touch on the tight side).

US $3.9 22% OFF|Free shipping 45g Kafuter Silicone Industrial Adhesive K 704 705 704B RTV Silicone Rubber White balck Transparent Glue|Silicone Sealant| | - AliExpress
Tried out this glue with some g-dive wrist seals, held water and worked fine until the next day when I put it on and it fell right off. :acclaim:

Gonna fork over 20-something bucks for aquaseal or something more official. On the other hand, that silicone glue seems to be really kickass for gluing any permeable objects (I tested it on nylon webbing a few times).

I like the inflatable door valve (?) you live in Florida so it may be the perfect drysuit for the warmish water, in case it floods.
It a small risk money wise and it doesn’t look like it would kill you if it fails.

I had a 7mm neoprene Whites drysuit when I lived in Northern California and dove in chilly Monterey and it was fine there. When I moved south I found it too warm-- I would badly overheat suiting up even with little undergarment, so I sold it to someone in Canada.
I don't think a thick neoprene drysuit would be good for Florida.

I had a 7mm neoprene Whites drysuit when I lived in Northern California and dove in chilly Monterey and it was fine there. When I moved south I found it too warm-- I would badly overheat suiting up even with little undergarment, so I sold it to someone in Canada.
I don't think a thick neoprene drysuit would be good for Florida.
Well I guess my point was that if you fear the suit won’t be a “dry” suit trying it in warm water would be preferable to trying it in Monterey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom