Chasm Lake

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tjeastgate

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I just discovered that this lake exists. I don't live anywhere near there, and I understand that is in an insanely high body of water (in excess of 10k feet above sea level) so even recreational diving is a huge risk. Another risk is how remote it is, being that it's an 8.5 mile hike with 2k ft of elevation gain. I'm looking at making this a long-term goal, which will require a ton of logistical work just to get there. Anyone know depths or any other info? Thanks in advance.

A little too far west for this forum. However this lake isnt all that big physically. But the terrain around it will likely give you an indication of the depth. I do not think it is insanely deep, but expect the ranges to 90-200'. Its hard to tell from the research I've looked at. No government sites seem to provide a depth map or statistics about the body of water itself.

A little too far west for this forum. However this lake isnt all that big physically. But the terrain around it will likely give you an indication of the depth. I do not think it is insanely deep, but expect the ranges to 90-200'. Its hard to tell from the research I've looked at. No government sites seem to provide a depth map or statistics about the body of water itself.

Awesome man, I appreciate the input. I kind of figured it was a far reach to begin with

Back
Top Bottom