Charters in Nanaimo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JFS

Contributor
Reaction score
After using Divers Choice ( great also) I recently went out with a new charter in Nanaimo for dives to the Cape Breton and Saskatchewan. It is on a 25 ft zodiak and no frills thats for sure but very smooth and the price was great. Derek, the owner is flexible to times and sites as we went out later in the afternoon. The vis was around 40-50 ft on the wrecks and the life just keeps growing since the last time I was there. I'll definately use him for my dives when I go back. I found his service while getting air at SOS Scuba in Nanaimo.

After using Divers Choice ( great also) I recently went out with a new charter in Nanaimo for dives to the Cape Breton and Saskatchewan. It is on a 25 ft zodiak and no frills thats for sure but very smooth and the price was great. Derek, the owner is flexible to times and sites as we went out later in the afternoon. The vis was around 40-50 ft on the wrecks and the life just keeps growing since the last time I was there. I'll definately use him for my dives when I go back. I found his service while getting air at SOS Scuba in Nanaimo.

Did they have Peanut butter pie or Oxygen on board the zodiak if not I will stick with Divers Choice. :D

All kidding aside, what was the price for 2 dives?

Al

hahaha Im sure if you really want something, Derek will hook you up. I paid $90 for 2 dives but there was 4 of us on the boat. Dereks number is 250-816-2241. I think his email is bissellderek@hotmail.com. I just looked at his card, that info is correct! I thought it was a pretty good deal and he zipped us out and back. I've dove with Divers Choice too and I really like the service but if you have your own tanks and want to get out to the sites quicker, I'll be using Dereks service now. When I want to relax and eat and spend a bit more money I'll use others but Im watching my pennies right now! and I probably saved 30 - 40 bucks so I could get myself a decent bit of grub and a few beers before heading back on the ferry. ( that was another savings for us as well! )Something different to try anyway?

We had a great time diving with Ed at Sundown Diving in Nanaimo this weekend. Contact info is 250-753-1880. Sundown Diving on Vancouver Island - British Columbia Canada

We dove Clark Rock yesterday, viz was awesome, at least 60+ ft! I saw my first pacific Octo, or at least one arm. Also saw 2 huge male wolf eels! Today, we did the Saskatchewan, we managed to do the whole length of the ship on one tank. Another great dive, saw lots of huge ling cod and a huge red snapper (Aka yellow-eyed rockfish) . Viz today was also very good, at least 60 ft.

Ed's a great guy, has a wealth of experience. I was supposed to go out with Divers Choice today, but they never got back to me despite several calls over the weekend. It was lucky that Ed was willing to take us out today for at least one dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom