Charter Recommendations - Northern OBX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cixelsyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good dive op on the northern end of OBX? We are staying in Southern Shores at the end of July and I'm looking to get some dives in during the week. I've gone with OBX Dive Center in Nags Head a number of times in the past and had a good experience each time, but they appear to have shut down. Any recommendations for who else is in the area and is good?

Thanks for the info. Not sure about driving 3 hours round trip to dive. Especially since I'd have to be up at some ridiculous hour to make it to the docks at dawn.

Matt is very knowledgable about all the wrecks off the northern obx dived from OI. He's been diving that area for many, many years and is a very competent and safe guy. If you don't want to make the drive down to dive with me or JT, you won't go wrong with Matt at Roanoke Island Outfitters.

Matt is very knowledgable about all the wrecks off the northern obx dived from OI. He's been diving that area for many, many years and is a very competent and safe guy. If you don't want to make the drive down to dive with me or JT, you won't go wrong with Matt at Roanoke Island Outfitters.

Awesome. Thanks for the information and the recommendation. I'll be sure to keep you guys in mind if I make it down to your area.

I have not dove with JT but I believe you can sleep the night before on the boat. Makes the drive less of a hassle. Might want to check on it.

I'll be in Southern Shores at the same time and am planning to dive with either JT or Dave; I've never tried the northern Banks operators. Given that these days most of my Florida diving involves rolling out of bed at 4:30 am and driving almost two hours north to Jupiter, I'm willing to make a longer drive for clearer and warmer water.

You can get on JT's and I imagine Daves boat during the week pretty easily. Weekends are another story.

Under Pressure is a real treat with the diver lift on the back. Especially in tech trim!

Going out on the Lion's Paw ​July 29th - stoked. Hope the weather cooperates; between weather and last-minute scheduling 2014 was a bust for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom