Channel Islands (Santa Cruz)...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the post Mike. Now I'm even more excited about my first Channel Islands trip the end of this month.

(((kevin)))

Kevin,

You are going to have a great time, make sure you diet before boarding the boat. That will compensate for the awesome food you will digest. :wink:

I can hardly wait to see your report, after your trip. Kristina's trip is comming up, so we will get to see her report first. I wonder what adventure stories she will come back with? :coffee:

I will tell you this, I'm so eager to get back into the water just because of the trip. I haven't had that feeling in a long time, since getting certified. :D

Great experiences leave you with much anticipated future diving... Can't wait to dive on Saturday...

MG

Hey, my other buddy told me that he actually lost weight on the trip, due to making 6 dives per day. I was actually kinda counting on that!
I'm looking forward to diving Saturday too, Mike, remember 150-180 to the wall :)

Are either of you excited enough to take an extra day off an dive with me on Tuesday?:D

(((kevin)))

Well, there is a Sea Lion rookery on Santa Barbara. If I was the landlord I'd hang out there too.

Sorry Kevin, Tuesday is the only day next week I'm working.

Mike,
You just missed it. You should have asked the crew to take you to Santa Barbara island instead
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/341790-great-white-sighting.html

Mainak

Well, there is a Sea Lion rookery on Santa Barbara. If I was the landlord I'd hang out there too.

You might have seen this:

01.jpg

Thanks Mike, but I re-read my sheet about the trip and it says Santa Catalina and Anacapa. No mention of Santa Barbara Island :)
I hear we would be so lucky to see them, but you all know I dive without a camera, so even if I did see one I doubt it would be believed without proof (bite marks, photo, whatever). It's all good, I dive for the pleasure of the moment, I would miss stuff by looking through a viewfinder.
My buddy says he's going to be taking pictures, my job will be to stay out of his way (in trim) and I'll also be trying to find cool stuff for him to shoot. I'll see you tomorrow!

Mike,

Thanks for sharing the dive report and pictures. Sounds like you had a fantastic time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom