changing vavle on tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deal Me In

Registered
Reaction score
ok here is my question. i have a tank that has been 02 cleaned. i have bought a new DIN vavle for the tank that is 02 cleaned. is there anything that i need to do when i switch the vavles. i have some 02 compatable lube if i need to use that. please tell me it is as easy as just switching the vavles.

thanks for your time.

VALVE
The valve neck O ring should be of oxygen compatible material-viton. Using a tiny amount of Christolube or Krytox place a trace of the grease on the O ring. No need to lube the threads. Seat the valve with a wrench to about 20 pound feet. Basically, just torque the valve until there is metal to metal contact. Don't use a mallet or 'beetch slap' the valve as some dive shops do.

pescador775:
VALVE
The valve neck O ring should be of oxygen compatible material-viton. Using a tiny amount of Christolube or Krytox place a trace of the grease on the O ring. No need to lube the threads. Seat the valve with a wrench to about 20 pound feet. Basically, just torque the valve until there is metal to metal contact. Don't use a mallet or 'beetch slap' the valve as some dive shops do.

Are you filling your own tanks? If not, the place that first fills your tanks is gonna want to stick you with a viz on the tank, since it doesn't have pressure in it.

so, you might just as well take the tank and valve to them and pay for a vis, and have them install the valve.

scubasean:
Are you filling your own tanks? If not, the place that first fills your tanks is gonna want to stick you with a viz on the tank, since it doesn't have pressure in it.

so, you might just as well take the tank and valve to them and pay for a vis, and have them install the valve.

Maybe but then again maybe not. If it's a Nitrox tank a lot of dive shops drain the tanks prior to filling them, if they use partial pressure blending, and all you need to tell them is that you just drained your tank for them. I've never had a shop question me as to why my tanks were empty when I've brought them in for a fill. But I in Florida so California may be different.

Back
Top Bottom