Changing Mat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The advantage of the dive mats are that they are cheap, made of non-absorbent polypropylene, and the woven design allows water to pass through (unlike carpet), and not just puddle like a tarp or yoga mat does. Quick rinse and a few minutes in the sun/wind and they are dry. Just my $.02

Ok, so I don't really use a yoga mat. We use a tarp. I just wanted to sound fancy.

Not a bad choice really. Waterproof and very cushy. If you can find a gym or yoga studio changing them out you can get them free. (My wife teaches yoga :D)

lol. As a bit of a germaphobe (not to the extent of howard hughes) I actually use my mat over the mat at the gym, and wipe mine every time with a clorox wipe. Your suggestion to get one of the used ones from the gym actually grossed me out. But it's not a bad idea.

Ours from the gym though don't roll up into a neat little carrying case :(

Went to the local flooring shop and got a 8 x 8 piece of black automotive carpet. It doesn't retain water and with a quick shake it is dry again. If it gets real dirty, just hose it off and it takes a 1/2 hr to dry in the sun.

I use a Rubbermaid Action Packer to put my gear in and use the lid as my changing mat. I don't pay that kind of money for it, and neither should you, I just needed a picture.

Bob
-------------------------------
I may be old but I’m not dead yet.

Dive Rite has them also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom