Changing Mat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abbottd2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I saw an interesting changing mat for scuba the other day. I am sure many of you have seen the same thing, but I cant find it anywhere online of sale. It is a woven mat that had a dive flag on it that people were using to put gear on at the quarry. Anyone have any idea who makes these and where I can get them. I saw two on ebay, but want to now more about manufacturers and being able to see them.

BTW - none at the local dive stores in the area.

Thanks!

I use a 8' X 5' tarp from walmart. Super cheap and very easy to store. It also has a myriad of other uses.

or a wal-mart bamboo-ish sunbathing mat - very cheap & a new one every year is affordable.

i have a friend who changes on his rubbermaid tub top.

Is it the design that appeals to you? 'Cause for years I've enjoyed using a large scrap of "extra" from the last time I had the carpet replaced in my basement. I had enough leftover to be able to cut a custom size that fits nicely in my trunk and has plenty of real estate to change on. Not exactly free (since I paid for the carpet) but I've heard of people going to a carpet store and either getting free remnant scraps or paying very little. And you could go for a red carpet and try somehow bleaching the white stripe in.

I like the bamboo-style mat. You can shake sand/debris off and it dries off quickly. I think the best thing about it though is how easily you can roll and stow it away.

Back
Top Bottom