Changing Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Random Dude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all, just bought a 7' hose in order to change over to the longhose configuration. However, I'm now facing difficulty in taking off the second stage due to the lack of a ScubaPro tool.

Any advice on this?

It's a MK17 Evo, with G260 primary, and R380 octo.
Just succeeded in changing the G260's hose (by using a new set of wrenches), but can't change the R380.

I'm thinking maybe it is because the R380 was purchased second hand from Ebay, resulting in the threads being stuck or something. For comparison, the G260 was purchased new, and once I had the right set of wrenches, unscrewing it was very easy.

I'm now stuck with a very long octo hose that loops over my shoulder:(.

if you have the scubapro hoses that won't accept a normal crescent wrench, to take it off you can use a pair of pliers. Not exactly the ideal way to do it since it can mar some of the plating, but it sounds like once it is off, it will stay off.... If not, any dive shop SHOULD have the hose tool and do it for free

@tbone1004 @herman
Thanks a lot! Woohoo, the pliers and electrical tape trick worked wonders for me! Finally got the octo second stage off the hose and installed a much shorter one.
Turns out there was some kind of white residue on the threads, might be that obstructing the threads. Just cleaned it, and put some silicone grease on it, shouldn't have this issue again.
Thanks again!

@tbone1004 @herman
Thanks a lot! Woohoo, the pliers and electrical tape trick worked wonders for me! Finally got the octo second stage off the hose and installed a much shorter one.
Turns out there was some kind of white residue on the threads, might be that obstructing the threads. Just cleaned it, and put some silicone grease on it, shouldn't have this issue again.
Thanks again!
The white residue is probably salt - which would be part of the problem as it will increase the chance of corrosion between the two parts.

Back
Top Bottom