Changing Channels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Akimbo

Just a diver
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
I have contacted Nautilus because I can’t use the buttons to change channels. I must have tried pushing the Chat button three times at different speeds 30 different times with no response on the display from subsequent clicks of the button. The transmit “T” does display after about ½ a second. They advised me to wait for a soon-to-be-released BETA firmware release. Is anyone else having this problem? I suspect that not many people have tried yet.

I am a little surprised at how much force is required to push the Chat and Hail buttons. Mine is fairly hard, especially with 5mm gloves. It would be very difficult for a petite woman to use it.

Haven't tried the buttons with gloves yet, although I wear dry gloves that are not as cushy as 5mm wet gloves. I was able to switch channels with no issues sitting on the couch. As to the firmware as soon as I plugged it into my laptop with the software installed it asked to run a firmware update, which I let it perform.

The software does not work perfectly at least on my computer, but it did let me register it.

Thanks Peter: It took me quite a few trials and tribulations to get it registered, especially getting the USB driver to install. Some were due to my own stupidity; others were from somewhat disconnected instructions. I finally resorted to an old laptop with no other USB devices other than a mouse. Plugging the radio in disables the mouse every time, but talks to the radio.

Based on your ability to change channels and my confidence that it was tested on lots of other units before shipping, I suspect that new firmware won’t solve my problem. I expect production problems from any manufacturer, especially on a new product. I just don’t want to wait to swap it out for a patch that has a very low probability of addressing the problem.

Does the pressure to depress the buttons on your radio seem excessive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom