changing batteries in Aladin Pro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took my Aladin Sport to batteriesplus and the owner called and said he couldn't change the battery. The shop wants $135.00 to change the battery. I hate to let it go but it appears I'm in the market for a new computer.

Just to add my two cents to this old thread, I bought the replacement battery at BatteriesPlus for about $8 and soldered it myself with no problems. There are videos on YouTube and elsewhere showing how this is done. I understand several of the models have the battery soldered directly to the circuit board and the entire battery and circuit board are in an oil solution inside a sealed case. One of the online videos that I watched showed someone unsealing the rubber seal on the bottom of the case, sucking out the oil using a syringe, soldering in a new battery, then putting the oil back in, "burping" the rubber gasket, and resealing the case. I'm lucky and my computer only has a round access that unscrews with a spanner and a similar Lithium 3.6 V AA battery solders to two wires.

DFB

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom