Changes to Ikelite DSLR Port System

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes but I have not found the item ...

jean, can you help me ?

thanks

Last edited:
The Flex Arm ball attaches using our #0213.88 1/4-20 screw and a non P/N item shoulder washer. We also sell as a complete set #9573.1 with the flex ball and a knurled net (for use when attaching to a video housing handle).

The 1" ball is not ready, but should be available sometime next month as #9571.6.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I thought I'd relate my experiences with the upgrades:

I brought my housing into my LDS in Calgary, Canada on Jan 4 and asked them to return it for the port lock upgrade. I figured as a dealer for Ikelite they would be better able to navigate the customs and shipping issues associated with sending it across the border.

According to the LDS, Ikelite agreed that they received it on Jan 12. Here I am now six weeks later, and more importantly 2 weeks away from a three week long trip to Truk and Palau and still no housing!!!!

Thats almost 5 weeks in Ikelite's possession and at last notice they still haven't gotten to it yet.

To say I'm a very dissatisfied customer would be a huge understatement. I'll be even more unhappy if I don't have my housing by the time I leave for the trip.

:(

Is the "limited time offer" to upgrade additional housings and do annual service for $200 still in effect? I would like to get my housing checked over and the top mount for a focus light is something I could really use.

Itoosilly,

Good News! Your housing is being shipped today. As you can imagine we have been swamped with the upgrades and sincerely do apologize for the delay.

Regards,

Darnold9999,

The "limited time offer" is still in effect. If there is a "need by date", please note that in your cover letter.

Regards,

As BretF indicated my housing was indeed shipped and I was able to pick it up yesterday. I'm happy with the upgrades that were done, although I suspect that the use of plastic for the new focus light mount will prove problematic and prone to threads stripping.

For the record the turn around for the upgrade and service including shipping to and from Canada was exactly seven weeks. So keep that in mind if you have an upcoming trip planned. Now to put it to good use in Truk and Palau!
:D

Sent my housing in for upgrade and annual service as well as exchange the Superwide Port Body for the newer one. Got it back yesterday in time for my flight out Friday. Thanks Ikelite!
I really didn't mind the two lock system as I understand it's water pressure and not the locks that make the seal. But do understand other's concern. My biggest fear was/is always other's handling my rig. Either handing it to me on the side of the boat or handing it back.

Jean:

I always carry spare port locks.

Are the new port locks the same as the old ones or do I need to order new spares?

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom