Change Reg Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...but I've done it in a pinch with pliers.
AAAK!!! Behind the door with you 'till you've learned your lesson!
I used to keep the "adjustable" wrenches locked up, just to make sure nobody would be cranking on a hose with anything other than the "proper" tool!
We better pass the hat to get the poor lad some proper wrenches... :wink:

Bob,

Anyone can do a job given the correct tools; but it takes a special gift to work with the tools available.

c

How many scubaboard DIY regulars does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One to do it, several others to argue about how he should have done it.

Two more to get into a pissing match over whether it should be 'two finger' or 'three finger' tight. All you 'two finger' morons are going to die because your lightbulb will wriggle loose, causing you to trip over a pitchfork in the dark. Wait, but all you 'three finger' idiots will also die because the lightbulb will break when you try to remove it a few months later, causing you to either bleed to death or electrocute yourself extracting the broken base. Sooo...I guess we're all going to die.

I love this forum.:D

I disagree. First we would have to settle the type of lamp.

LED
Regular or compact fluorescent
Low pressure sodium
Halogen
Incandescent
HID...an argument in itself (HPS, Mercury Vapor, etc.)

:mooner:

Although changing a regulator hose seems like a simple task, it can cause problems with your 2nd stage if you do not use 2 wrenches (most regs) and spin the spindle valve which binds the lever ears against the frame of the reg.

I don't know how tight you guys are making these hoses, but personally I get just them tight enough to not come loose by hand. If a 2nd stage is so weak that it can't EASILY handle that small amount of torque, it's not a 2nd stage I want to use. Then again, I use pilots and 109s primarily, so the only plastic 2nds I usually use are D300s. There's no jamb nut on those anyway, except the cap on the other side I guess. But, sure, if it's way too tight or salt-welded in place, you can use an extra wrench to hold the jamb nut on a typical plastic barrel poppet or downstream reg.

Just thought I'd add my nit picking to the pile!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom