Change in silicone seals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aqua-Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I purchased a Fusion suit in June of last year with the SLT system. With the original seals I had to cut three rings off the wrists and four rings off the neck seal before they were comfortable. I did this on two sets as they only lasted a few dives before taring"they were promptly replaced by Whites". After this I just purchased a set of latex wrist and a latex neck seal and have been diving these seals since. Just tonight I tried on a new Fusion in the dive shop with new uncut silicone seals and they were so comfortable nothing like the seals I had. So I was wondering if there was a change in these seals over the past year? If so I'm definitely going back to the silicone!

Hi Andy,

There has not been any change in the silicone seals. The only difference now is that we are able to offer smaller sized wrist seals.

I don't have an answer for you as to why they feel different, but I can tell you that most people don't have to trim their silicone seals at all!

Cheers,

Justin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom