Change current count for next entry in dive count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueTrin

Scallops aficionado
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know you can edit the dive number in the dive log of à perdix or petrel.

But I’d like to set the current count of dives so that the next dive is indexed at the right value.

Is there a way to change the current count of dives?

I know you can edit the dive number in the dive log of à perdix or petrel.

But I’d like to set the current count of dives so that the next dive is indexed at the right value.

Is there a way to change the current count of dives?

As of late 2019, no:

1668921430458.png

Hi,

from the Peridx-manual

Edit Log Number
The dive log number can be edited. This is useful if you want the Perdix log numbers to match your lifetime dive count.
At the “Next Log” prompt, press SELECT to begin editing. While editing, use MENU to change the value of the currently underlined digit, and SELECT to move to the next digit.
This number will be applied to the next dive.

You can also edit the log number of a single dive when displaying the log. An edit button appears on the fourth page of Display Log.

Best wishes Jens

I am not at home but will check all of your replies when I am back, particularly the one from @Scubada, there is an option apparently in the menu I may have missed

A93F55B3-3646-4401-9713-82D4F1A6D0BF.jpeg

@scubadada was right you can edit the next number there

@scubadada was right you can edit the next number there
Yep. I use that all the time. When I dive with my own gear, I use both my Perdix AI and Garmin MK2s. When diving at the aquarium using their gear, I just use the Garmin, so I’ll change the Shearwater count to match.

This is also how you can restore a dive that you may have deleted. Setting the next dive number to 9997 unlocks a restore function.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom