Challenge!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freefloat dove wet and stayed in for over 30 minintes.

Then she bragged that she wasn't even cold..

I at least did better than Tom....... I got in wet but didn't stay long :eek:

More like over 100 ducks.......... and lots of duckpoo

Yikes.

I was cold in my dry suit for pete's sake! It was 38 degrees in sunny Niagara Region. We had a great outing, probably 30 people in the water. A couple guys even managed NOT to be bored to death with 55 mins underwater in the canal. We even had one fine soldier join the polar bear club. He went in with no scuba equipment on. The bad part was, he was my son,....he fell in. My wife and I made a bet on WHEN, not IF he was going to fall in. Something in that boys genes just ain't right.........

If all I had was a wet suit, I'd NEVER make it into the water. I'm too old and feeble, and thin!

Now if I had the insulation of some...........

heheheh

Under Micheal and I did a nice dive in Prescott today. The sun came out just as we entered, which meant the vizibility under water was excellent.
45 minutes, water was 36F. I didn't even flinch in my drysuit. too bad I didnt have a second tank.
We did a night dive yesterday, 69 minutes total bottom time, max 69 feet, and we both were toasty warm in the river.

God Bless the St. Lawrence. :D

divedude:
Freefloat dove wet and stayed in for over 30 minintes.

Then she bragged that she wasn't even cold..

I wasn't. I was working waaaay too hard geting used to my new bp and wing. I was overweighted/overinflated to compensate, which naturally causes a whole fleet of related buoyancy "issues". I felt like a moving CF at some points!! I'll be better next time, promise!!

BTW: It wasn't 30, it was 35 minutes bottom time, but I was "in" the water closer to 45 minutes total.

Besides, the water was 37°F. My last dive the water was 36°F with a similar bottom time although greater depth. My coldest dive was in 32°F water but the surface conditions were downright nasty, +20 knot North wind and ice along shore. (I ended up calling that dive)

The pictures I took won't be developed for a while yet. I didn't end up taking many as I kept "losing" the camera over my shoulder (it's very buoyant). I've moved the D ring down now.

Gilligan, sorry to hear that your kid has inherited some of your grace :) I hope you were able to thaw him out quickly, he's not much meatier than you are... Happy New Year!

I was starting to get a little chilled after an hour (I'm out of argon). While I may have more insulation that you, I was also born on a tropical island. After 3 decades in the commonwealth of PA (woo hoo we have seasons), I still haven't gotten my blood to thicken much - maybe i should try mixing some rice flour in with the corn starch...

-Frank =-)

hehehheh, yup, he's a spitting image of his old man, poor kid. Good thing he has the demeanor of his mother. Fun loving and always joking. It's a welcomed personality to the normal "scrooge" personality that I am prone to have.

He was no worse for wear. He's a real trooper.

Happy New Year to you too, Skipper :)

Back
Top Bottom