Question CESA - Have You Ever Done It?

Have you ever done a real CESA, not in training?

• No

Votes: 40 78.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 11 21.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SM Dexter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Has anyone ever needed to do the CESA accent? I understand the importance of knowing how to do a CESA as an emergency maneuver but I have never witnessed it being done outside of Open Water (I have never seen the O2 masks fall from an airplane’s ceiling either, but in an emergency…😃 )

I have not, and I hope I never do :)
But here's a thread with some people who have:

I have not, and I hope I never do :)
But here's a thread with some people who have:
Great thread. Funny to see all those excellent posts with no likes since it was from before that feature was added to the forum.

The previous thanks tally that existed as stars was discarded and erased to follow the facebook trend of likes

Yes, had to take a couple of people to the surface when regs failed and also had someone take me up when my reg failed. All done as you would want it to happen.

Yes, had to take a couple of people to the surface when regs failed and also had someone take me up when my reg failed. All done as you would want it to happen.
He was asking about CESA, not sharing air.

Not a CESA, because I had no air to exhale on the way to the surface.
Negative entry, giant stride off a boat. Unknown to me, the tanks were shut off. On the way down, instead of turning the valve on, I loosened the yoke adapter.
When I hit sand, I unbuckled the harness and left BC and tanks there. Gave two kicks toward the surface, and waited. Dive buddy brought my gear to the boat, and I was ready to go again in a few minutes.

Scubadada,

Yes, please do make this question into a poll...great thread from 2008, it did not pop in our search last night for CESA question.

SM Dexter's account should be canceled soon. I was showing my grandson how to register for SB and we posted a few posts. This morning I had a DM from staff informing me that "I" cannot have two accounts...this makes perfect sense, especially with all of the Trolls out there. So I agreed to close my grandson's account for now. If he REALLY wants one he can he can open his own later.

Scubadada,

Yes, please do make this question into a poll...great thread from 2008, it did not pop in our search last night for CESA question.

SM Dexter's account should be canceled soon. I was showing my grandson how to register for SB and we posted a few posts. This morning I had a DM from staff informing me that "I" cannot have two accounts...this makes perfect sense, especially with all of the Trolls out there. So I agreed to close my grandson's account for now. If he REALLY wants one he can he can open his own later.
Hi @Oldbear

I added a poll and voted. I can edit the poll if you would like changes

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom