Certified PADI OW!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pseudocyber

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi Everyone,

I just got back from my checkout dives in Williston FL. We dove 3 dives in the Blue Grotto and one dive in Devil's Den. So I'm certified!!! :D

We got to both early, at 8am when they open, and Blue Grotto quickly became crowded with a bunch of NewBs (such as myself). Viz was nice until everyone got in and started floundering around. Water was 76F - year around so they tell me.

On Sunday, we got up and were over at Devil's Den when they opened - I liked it better - we picked a pavillion and set up and got in before most people. It was very cool - giving me a small taste of what cavern and cave might be like.

When we came up, some other people had dumped their gear on our table of gear - intermingling things - and when I'm already with new people, it all got confused quickly. Our instructor said he'd never seen anyone do that in 30 years of diving. Kind of rude if you ask me - there were plenty of tables, just a few extra feet of walking.

Anyway, I'm card carrying ... as soon as it comes in. :) !!!

Congrats on getting it done. The whole thing with gear getting mixed is a good reason to mark your stuff when you buy it!

Congrats on getting certified. I did my checkouts and got certifies at blue grotto this weekend too. We stayed long enough for the viz to return so we got in 3 good dives.

welcome to the world under the water...others can only watch on TV...you get to play in it.

Have Fun!

Greg:crafty:

Welcome to the official card carrying elite group. Dive and Dive some more.

Back
Top Bottom