Certification Problem-PADI hologram

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This has been covered several times.

Christi, who runs a dive operation in Cozumel, gave a detailed explanation, and she has repeated it a few times, I believe. Yes, you do need a hologram if you get your cert in those locales, but only if you do the whole thing there. If you are a referral from somewhere--like the U.S.--that does not have holograms, they only have to indicate that you are a referral on the form. That's all there is to it.

Unfortunately, some operators apparently skipped the local informational meeting and don't know that. (That exact scenario was discussed in anotehr thread.)

And families can share books.

Is this just a carribean issue? I just got a brand new PADI open water diver manual and there is no hologram sticker or any mention thereof.

At the shop i'm with we send the PIC card with the referral forms along with the diver to alleviate this problem. From my understanding this is an international thing with the holograms. It's to get rid of the lending library for text books in countries that have a tendency to bend regulations. I'll ask our Course Director when he comes back from vacation.

adjuster-jd:
Is this just a carribean issue? I just got a brand new PADI open water diver manual and there is no hologram sticker or any mention thereof.

Out of USA requires the sticker; there is one in my Instructor Candidate Workbook; pretty:crafty:

My wife and I did the OWD and then about a month or so later I did the AOW and I have yet to see any hologram....
as adjuster-jd said, is this only certain regions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom