Certification Problem-PADI hologram

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

all4scuba05:
So if I live in Utah, and have 3 partners, and they're all men, and we all take the course with one book, can we do the same? or will they discriminate against us because we're not monogamous and straight?

That's between you and PADI! As for me, I do not discriminate - gay guys are fine, less competition. As for gay women - how can I argue with someone who has the same taste as me?

I would think that PADI might argue that couples imply pairs so you might have to buy two books...

GA Under Water:
you can buy One copy of the OWD CD-ROM and get 5 certified from it.
As long as they all have constant access to the CD. PADI is attempting to ecourage divers to have a reference library, as this is demonstrated to make better lifelong divers.

jviehe:
Call the dive center and tell them to send you a hologram or a reciept? Its their responibility to know the process. Im sure they could have taken care of it. Personally I dont trust divers to send in their PICs. I do it for them.
Haven't been abroad a lot? From some countries it takes at least a month to get a postcard, if ever.
edit: Sorry. Read too fast. I was supposing you were meaning dive centers responsibility to SEND the pics.

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh PADI is trying to make money????
Who ever heard of such a thing???

Don't we all work for free, the Doctor,the Lawyer and Indan Cheif?

all4scuba05:
So if I live in Utah, and have 3 partners, and they're all men, and we all take the course with one book, can we do the same? or will they discriminate against us because we're not monogamous and straight?

Everyone is required to have their own book. Doesn't matter what your preference is.:D No copies of knowledge reveiws either..copyright laws. Now you could fill out your knowledge review in your book and then make a copy to turn in instead of ripping out the pages but you can't make a copy of a blank page and then fill it out.

deepblueme:
Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhh PADI is trying to make money????
Who ever heard of such a thing???

Don't we all work for free, the Doctor,the Lawyer and Indan Cheif?

Good point. You can bet that when I walk into work, the clock starts! :D

My shop sends a lot of students to warmer waters this time of year. We have been instructed by PADI to write the following on the Carribean/Mexico PIC forms:

"Books purchased in the United States at Store ABC, #1234"

Contact PADI and ask them how to handle it.

I think requiring couples to purchase two books is ridiculous and pure profiteering. We both read the book and watch whatever videos must be watched. We study together and have done so for years. (We've shared college textbooks, dive books, and all sorts of other educational material). With PADI books we both write our answers on a separate piece of paper and turn it in with the knowledge review pages torn out of the book.

Requiring that married couples buy two books is just plain money grubbing. If the shop wants more money I'd rather give it to them as a tip (or just buy more dives) than for a second book that will sit unused on our shelf for years.

totally unrelated, but undefined, you're leaving for roatan on my birthday :)

fishballer,

Well then... I will be sure to drink a round at Sundowners in your honor. (Or you could hop a flight and join us in West End!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom