Certification Agency Cross Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A bit more.

Here's a related page:
WRSTC :: World Recreational Scuba Training Council

the US RSTC consists of: IDEA, PADI, SDI, PDIC, YMCA, and SSI.

NAUI isn't a member (I would guess because of their not-for-profit status when the RSTC was established?) but has met or exceeded every requirement I have ever had to investigate.

Hope that this helps.

For the major agencies, it's not a problem to cross-train provided that you're not talking about professional level certifications or an advanced class that requires master diver certification.

NAUI Master Diver and PADI Master Diver aren't equal, for example, but everything below that level is.

I might add to Kingpatzer's comment about professional level certifications. PADI does not play well with other agencies in terms of professional certifications. For example, if a PADI instructor is teaching, a DM/DiveCon from another agency does not meet the requirements for assistants and supervision.

Most agencies do, however, allow crossovers. Now what that crossover entails is up to every agency, but they all allow it for current instructors.

Thanks...I appreciate the scoop!

Back
Top Bottom