CERAMIQ SKIN AQUALUNG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freewillow

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone a practical experience when it comes to thermal protection. Is it worth paying tree times the price of a regular one with basic neoprene?

aqualung-sous-veste-ceramiq-skin-manches-longue-2016-new.jpg

I have written up a long review of Probe frogskins, with a comparison to lavacore, in the exposure protection sub-forum in the equipment forum. I recommend frogskins without reservation as distinctly different from and superior to Lavacore.

I have never seen this aqualung product, however. Looks like it is Europe. I looked it up on a french website and, from the description, is sounds like identical construction to lavacore.

Thank you guyharrisson. read your report. The aqualung claims that they "melted" some 30 metallic particules in the product so that it would "reverberate" the heat from the body back to where it belongs. But for me, this soulds like marketing B.S.

Ragrds

:)

Yes, that is a long-standing line of BS, including "titanium" wetsuits which are no different from regular ones in terms of warmth. This sounds like a "titanium" version of lavacore.

Back
Top Bottom