Central Texas Swampers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes Larry in answer to your question I am Aquarena qualified, but it's been about a year since I dove there..would love to get back into it though. How often do you dive there?

i am a fairly new diver living in lockhart , i ahve dove windy point and canyon lake ,not quite sure what central texas swamp divers is ,and also need a dive buddy ,seems to be a lot of divers looking for buddies around here , i have my own gear and am usually flexable on time anyone needing a buddy let me know :)

Sorry folks - but I came upon an intense period at work and missed this string as it rolled along late last month.

"Tightened down on the supplied buddy requirement" - yah, I think you've got that about right. All winter, I was able to show up every Monday noon and dive with one of the Aquarena crew, or with somebody as a surface tender as I soloed near the theater. Somewhere around April, it was getting busy for the boats and somebody decided to take a little excursion to the headwaters without informing anybody on shore - then surfaced right ahead of a boat! - - Suddenly, we all have rankings as to where/when we can dive and any leaving the theater HAS to be with a buddy - to specific springs - at specific times. So much for the random show & dive period. Theres hope this will change after Labor Day.

SSmith: lets give it a try sometime. As noted above, I had a lovely routine going where I would hit there nearly every Monday - but that was while I was teaching a class at what now will be TSU!! - so I'd sneak from work early and get in a dive! I now don't have the the specific need to go on Monday [in fact Tues/Thurs are better] - - and the problem is only that I've become more responsible at work and sneaking will be hard - Let's PM and/or start a messge string separately on this and give it a try!

Cheers for now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom