Censorship and SB..how far are we going to take this???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El:

and users would have a much easier time if all Mods behaved like adults as well

(what was that about the two sides of the coin?)

:wink:

A young guy rolled by me in a wheelchair yesterday who had no legs

that will re-frame your life in a nanosecond. Suffering is grace, funny how that is.

I miss both of you very much when you are not posting because your intelligent social commentary is very valuable to me and a good provocative discussion is hard to come by. And, of course, the characters are pretty well developed here on SB.
We seem to have the razor's edge here much of the time and I found a lot of refuge here during some empty hours. just wanted to say that.

but then I find imperfection pretty perfect. Everything relevant happens in the tension.

Acting overly adult can really shut that down. The goal should not be to never have a rub.

...oh, and adult behavior in the PNW is an entirely different level of seriousness I've concluded. I could never rise to that, no matter how hard I tried.

I think you’re exaggerating the voices, attitudes and complaint, certainly mine. El Orans stated (early on) he was the only Moderator moderating this thread and I’m not clear if this has changed, Doc as Staff is speaking as a Moderator here. If so, this post illustrates the perceptive of the discussion I’d like have some respite from.
Only NetDoc speaks here as Staff.

El:

and users would have a much easier time if all Mods behaved like adults as well

(what was that about the two sides of the coin?)

:wink:
Well... here's an email address for you if you think that any member of Staff is misbehaving towards the members: abuse@scubaboard.com.

Only NetDoc reads those emails.

Only NetDoc speaks here as Staff.
Thank you for the clarification.

I’m feeling a tad worried about this so….
I want to be clear; I want to see Staff as the general public expressing themselves no more, and no less than anyone. While I’ve disagreed with Doc before as well, I value his contributions to the board. And personally found him exemplary in the spirit of the board; generously giving his time and thoughts as well as supportive.

senior-doughnuts.jpg

Well... here's an email address for you if you think that any member of Staff is misbehaving towards the members: abuse@scubaboard.com.

i never said anything about misbehaving ... i said not acting like adults

i like to pick my words carefully, as they do have meaning

anyway ... it's clear that both sides have their views of why the other side isn't doing the right thing

and it would be nice to get the two sides talking ... which would entail a little less vitriol on both sides

but as some on both sides don't appear to realize they are part of the problem, then ... it's hopeless

hopeless i tell you. run for the hills

(but first buy me some beer)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom