cell phone usage in Cozumel....wow!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My ATT cell phone costs $.49/minute. I use Skype basically exclusively though. I have a handset system so it functions just like a regular phone, independent of a computer. Just plug the box into the router, and you have 2 wireless handsets (up to 4, I think). I have a plan which costs $3/month for unlimited calls to the US and Canada, and for another $30/year I have a phone number associated with it so people in the States can call my Skype phone just like calling any other phone.

It's a wonderful system, I even used it when I lived in the US as my home phone.

Best to check your rates before you go down to Coz. I didn't, and used my Verizon broadband wireless card in my laptop for checking emails and got a WHOPPING $600+ bill when I got home. :bonk:

Best to check your rates before you go down to Coz. I didn't, and used my Verizon broadband wireless card in my laptop for checking emails and got a WHOPPING $600+ bill when I got home. :bonk:
I had a $300 AOL dial-up bill from Canada once - hate those kind of surprises. That's just a good, general suggestion tho. Check before you go, and write down the employee number and date of conversation when you check in case they lose that record. Yeah, I'm paranoid after my one experience. Could have been much worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom