Cell Phone Coverage On Cayman Aggressor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't got the bill yet. My week May 14 - 21 went like this, having bought the AT&T $60 Passport Silver Plan:

1.) We hit all 3 islands, and I never found any 'AT&T hotspots' with free access anywhere. What hotspots I saw tended to have names, locks, etc...

2.) Did often have cellular connectivity, but not AT&T. Near Grand Cayman airport, some Digicel, but otherwise on the trip mainly something called FLOW, occasionally LIME, connection could be LTE or 3G and occasionally I'd see an E for 'Edge' (I assume), but mainly LTE or 3G.

I'd log on once or twice/day, turn off Airplane mode on the iPhone 5s and enable Data Roaming, and download a bunch of e-mails and shoot my wife a text. Haven't gotten the bill yet.

I'm wondering if I gained anything for that $60. Suspect not.

Richard.

Time for an update; I got the bill today. My wife Jami has an iPhone 6Plus, and I've got an iPhone 5s. Our prior cell phone bill was $179.51. The current bill is for $241.23. This includes the $60 for the Passport Silver add-on (which I think is good for 30 days, although I only used it a week). I didn't video chat or do much web surfing; I mainly logged on a time or two per day, enabled data roaming, downloaded several dozen e-mails over the course of the week, and sent & received a few texts from my wife, which are treated as data with Apple's iMessage system. No voice calls. Service was slow.

So the short version is, it basically cost me $60 extra. What it would have cost had I skipped the Passport Silver plan and simply paid international roaming charges, I don't know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom