Cell /internet outage 11/10/2016

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cvchief

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
From Christi if you are there or arriving soon and esp if you are looking for BlueXTC:

The island of Cozumel is experiencing a major internet and cellular service outage since about 9:00 am this morning which includes cell phone calls, cellular data usage, as well as hard wired internet in businesses and homes. I am told it could take up to 3 days to be back up and running. Thanks to my US based cell phone from t-mobile I am picking up the edge network from movie star right now. It it has also been in and out and is not reliable. If you are trying to reach us the best way is through our land line which is working. From.US or Canada dial 011-52-869-2409. Thank you for your patience. We hope this will be resolved much sooner than we are told. Please spread the word to anyone who may be trying to reach someone in Cozumel. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess that is why the webcam from Scuba Club is not available....:cry:

Divegoose

The perfect vacation.....no internet or TV! People would actually have to talk to one another :)

I actually check the web cam almost every day - helps me get my warm water fix until I get back to Scuba Club in March. :daydream:

After record rainfall on the island for the past couple of months, and a lot more in the forecast, I need something to cheer me up. :D

Divegoose

The 4G via the Telcel towers is back up (TMobile's primary provider) so I am assuming the rest of the outage may be over. We never lost Cablemas in Corpus Christi so it appeared to be a single provider and not an entire network outage. Had several folks including the doctor at the clinic tongue and cheek claim it must be Trump's fault.

Awesome news - its back up and running :)

Divegoose

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom