Cedar Rapids in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be traveling to Cedar Rapids to spend a week or so with some family. I would like to get a few dives in while I am there. Would prefer to have one of you Muck Divers show me some good diving as opposed to going out on my own. None of my family that live in that area are divers.

Anyone interested can PM me if you like or just post here. I will bring my own gear but would like to rent some tanks if there is a LDS close by.

We will be driving out so I will have to dive on the 9th - 13th. This is Sun. - Thur. as I will be traveling on the other weekend days to and from home. This will probably make it hard for a lot of folks since most of those days are week days, but evening or maybe even night dives are good for me if week days are not managable. And of course Sun. is the most obvious option.

I had a very pleasant experience doing this when I traveled to Seattle last fall. I hooked up with some great folks from SB, they showed me around and we had a great time. I am hoping to do this with the upcoming Iowa trip.

Where are the good dives for the Cedar Rapid area?

WVDiver:
I will be traveling to Cedar Rapids to spend a week or so with some family. I would like to get a few dives in while I am there. Would prefer to have one of you Muck Divers show me some good diving as opposed to going out on my own. None of my family that live in that area are divers.

Anyone interested can PM me if you like or just post here. I will bring my own gear but would like to rent some tanks if there is a LDS close by.

We will be driving out so I will have to dive on the 9th - 13th. This is Sun. - Thur. as I will be traveling on the other weekend days to and from home. This will probably make it hard for a lot of folks since most of those days are week days, but evening or maybe even night dives are good for me if week days are not managable. And of course Sun. is the most obvious option.

I had a very pleasant experience doing this when I traveled to Seattle last fall. I hooked up with some great folks from SB, they showed me around and we had a great time. I am hoping to do this with the upcoming Iowa trip.

Where are the good dives for the Cedar Rapid area?

Hey hope you know what your askin for but here in Iowa its all we got with out travlin'
I currently am working through Scuba Too http://www.scubatoo.net and we dive at Glennies Pond its a old rock Quarry about 50 miles north of Cedar Rapids. and get in the the water on a regular basis
feel free to contact me or the shop and check on who is getting in. The shop in Cedar Rapids is http://www.seatasea.com/ and they know where we are at.

I grew up in Iowa and live in Colorado now. my shop teacher always talk about diving the cedar valley quarry. There are a lot of old lime stone quarrys to be found and they all seem to be clear water. just need to be carfull of the junk that gets thrown in.

Let me know what you found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom