CEBU to Dumaguete ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If this is your first trip to Philippines or Cebu, I would recommend to take the bus and take your time. I've never been over to Dumaguete, but I have spent a couple weeks on Cebu Island, and would highly recommend a side trip to Moalboal, as the sardine dives there are fantastic! And I don't think I've done one dive there without seeing a couple of turtles. Worth your time if you are slightly flexible. It's about a 2.5-3 hour bus from the south Cebu bus terminal, and in the direction that you want to go
For accommodations, I'd recommend Moalboal Garden Village, the owner is a great French guy who makes fantastic coffee and has real butter (quite a delicacy in the Philippines!), and as for dive shop, the only shop I've used was Cebu Dive Centre. Cameron runs a great shop, and I've done a lot of diving there with his crew.
And, I second the buko pies.. I can't wait until I go back to the Philippines to have another one!

Hope that helps! Bus is cheap, food is good, a great pit stop in Moalboal if you need it, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. If not, just fly and ignore everything I wrote hahaha.

And I found this schedule if you were thinking of using a ferry. (On the superferry website)
superferry2go.com/liloan-santander-to-sibulan-fastcraft-new-fare-rate-and-schedule/

When you fly into Cebu airport, you take a taxi to the bus station. Make sure you grab a taxi that is in the taxi line. In Cebu, drivers are required to use the meter. However, there are taxi drivers out there who take advantage of the unknowing tourist who will try to cut you a deal. If a taxi driver approaches you so that you avoid the line, ask that they use the meter. If they refuse, stay in line for a taxi.

Next, once you are at the bus station, there are numerous buses that make their way south to Liloan. It takes 4 to 5 hours, tell the attendant you are trying to go to Dumaguete. The bus should drop you off right in front of the ferry terminal. There is a ferry every hour, sometimes every half our is its busy. The only issue is that sometimes the ferry sells out and you have to wait for the next one.

The ferry takes your over to Sibulan. When you get off the ferry, there will be numerous tricycle drivers that can take you into Dumaguete. If you don't know where you are going in Duma, get a tricycle. If you do know where you are going, you can take a jeepney.

OR, you can avoid all of this and take a plane into DUMA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom