CEBU to Dumaguete ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwpw

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI
We are planning a trip to dumaguete.
Is there a ferry in the afternoon? our flight lands in Cebu at 1030 am. Is there time to make it?
Thanks
Paul

Never done this trip, but...
I don't think you are supposed to take a ferry all the way from Cebu to Dumaguete
Much more likely, you should take a bus or a mini van from Cebu to Liloan or another coastal town on the Southern tip of Cebu Island
And then from there take a ferry to Dumaguete
If you do this trip you will pass by Oslob that might be worth a visit, or changing your plan you could go to Moalboal spend one or more days there and take the coastal road from there to Liloan instead
Just my 2 cents

I was in Dumaguete in May, and got a cheap flight from Cebu. 35 minutes on Cebu Pacific. There was an overnight ferry from Cebu City, and also a bus and ferry route mentioned above.
We stayed in Dauin at Pura Vida resort and they had dive trips with a stop at Oslob to snorkel with whale sharks.

We sort of did this in reverse, without flying. Van from Pura Vida in Dauin to the ferry dock. Ferry ride to a dock near southern tip of Cebu Island. Van ride to a resort in Moalboal. Then a week later, long van ride from Moalboal to Cebu airport, on the order of 4 hours. It was nice to not worry much about drying or packing carefully between the 2 spots and it made sense for our trip. But Cebu is big, if I were flying into Cebu with the intention of traveling on directly to Dumaguette I would catch a domestic flight.

In April I took the air conditioned bus from the south bus terminal in Cebu to Dumaguete. It took about 6 hours or so, but I thought seeing the island was interesting. The bus drove right onto the ferry so there was no need to change buses -- same bus all the way. Cheap too -- whole thing cost about $6 US dollars.

I would get the bus because I hate to travel to Cebu Airport from downtown.
Bus departs a lot lot more frequent than plane and there is no need to reserve in advance. Cost is peanut.

My order of preference: Bus, ferry, plane.

Well... if you choose to take the bus...

At least buy a few Buko Pies, during the travel a guy will come sell them in the bus.

Have fun,

JC

Are you sure your flight to Cebu will arrive on time? Punctuality is a strange word in Philippines or most places in SE Asia. "Rubber time" is the appropriate description.
How much time would you allocate for the transfer to the connection flight?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom