CDX5 or FDX10 for doubles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a follow up on my CDX5s on my doubles. They work great and I'm really glad I went with the DIN upgrade on these rather than splurging on some "tech" regs. I've only had them down to 111' so far, will have them past the 130' mark soon

I got my DIN conversion kits from scubatoys. They were under $50 each, but I was buying some other stuff with the order. Also, if you go this route, make sure you get some proper first stage DIN caps and ditch the Oceanic dome cover thing or you'll never be able to soak your regs without water getting in the first stage. I installed the kits myself, it's not rocket science, but you have to be carefull and have some basic tools, but nothing you cant get at any hardware store or borrow from a friend.

I put some pics of my CDX5s in the equipment photo section

Hey eliminator, are you using the Delta 4 or the GT3 as your primary? I've had my CDX5/GT3 to just over 150, and it breathes quite nice. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with your Oceanics for tech regs at all.

Glad to hear you found the DIN kits for under $50. I knew somewhere out there must have them cheaper than Leisurepro, which is good cuz I still have 2 regs to convert.

Hey eliminator, are you using the Delta 4 or the GT3 as your primary? I've had my CDX5/GT3 to just over 150, and it breathes quite nice. I don't think you'll be dissapointed with your Oceanics for tech regs at all.

Glad to hear you found the DIN kits for under $50. I knew somewhere out there must have them cheaper than Leisurepro, which is good cuz I still have 2 regs to convert.

I'm using the Delta 4 as my primary since it's the "higher end" reg of the two. There's not much of a difference between it and the GT3 and I dint put much thought into it. So far I'm really happy with my Oceanic twin setup.

And here's the latest setup with the CDX5s on my doubles. I'm pretty happy with it and I suppose the DIR gods are too.

Attachments

• regs smaller.JPG
    regs smaller.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 157
Looks pretty good Eliminator. Did you decide what you are using for a deco reg?

Looks pretty good Eliminator. Did you decide what you are using for a deco reg?

I think I'm going to go with the Hollis 02 one. bUt options still open.

-With the CDX5/Alpha, I'd have to get it O2 cleaned, DIN converted, and get a 40'' LP hose. I can actually get the Hollis cheaper than the sum of all those factors, plus I get free O2 parts for life.

btw, I had the CDX5s down to 143' today and they worked fine.

Sounds good man. Glad you're happy with them. Right now I have 4 CDX5 first stages, 2 in yoke, 2 in DIN. Eventually I'll get around to converting the other 2 to DIN. I also have 1 EOS second stage, 3 GT3's and 2 Alpha 8's. For now I have 2 of the first stages setup for single tank rigs for me and my girlfriend, and the other 2 I'll setup with 40 inch hoses as stage/deco bottle regs.

I'm sort of tempted to trade my EOS second stage for a Delta 4, partially because I cant get rid of the damn swivel right now, and partially because then I can use one second stage service kit for all my Oceanic second stages.

yea, I had quite the collection of Oceanic regs myself until recently. I just sold two Slimline2s, my Alpha8, and FDX10

make sure you get some proper DIN caps for those 1st stages. Oceanic really needs to get on that.

yea, I had quite the collection of Oceanic regs myself until recently. I just sold two Slimline2s, my Alpha8, and FDX10

make sure you get some proper DIN caps for those 1st stages. Oceanic really needs to get on that.

in the 90's they were the ones that had the best DIN caps out there....

Back
Top Bottom