CD4 Sock Conversion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crustyjer

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, Recently bought a Bare CD4 off a friend and was wondering if there is a way to change the molded-on boots to socks for use with rock boots? His feet were quite a bit bigger than mine so i'm kinda floatin' round in they feet. Am i barking up the wrong tree here? can they be changed, or does the suit have to be ordered new with socks?

You can get the boots cut off and new ones put back on. Not sure if you can get socks put on?
Do you want socks for a specific reason?

Just like the idea of Trek boots, seems like they would be a little better doing rocky entries, plus the extra ankle support is appealing. Would I contact Bare directly? or go through a local dive shop?

When my CD4 needed a new zipper. It was cheaper to ship the suit to Bare get the zipper replaced and shipped back, than get the zipper through my LDS.

I would email Bare and ask the cost of replacing the boots and find out what it will cost you to ship it there and back. Then get a price from your LDS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom