Question CCR for recreational depths

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wonder how well that works for a raw novice?

That is the question first time breathing underwater on a CCR? I really don't know. Plus side your not relearning to dive again. But definitely a lot more to learn.

Second question, why only that CCR, what makes it special?

Noobs cant even keep an eye on their buddy. Expecting them to keep an eye on their po2 ain't going to happen.

They cant even grasp primary donate yet. Even with an Air2 that makes it obvious. HTH are they going to donate thier bailout or......Egads!, a long hose?

Not grasping a air2 is not a bad thing as they have zero purpose.

Question still is why only that one model rebreather. Who's pocket did posidean line for that.

I see CCR at recreational depths at the quarries practicing for wreck exploration dives in the Great Lakes.

According to my noob research, need 100 dives or 100 ccr hours, before ccr tech training.

I see them to. Tons of kiss and choptima.

It’s not CE certified so you won’t see it in the Federal Republic of the EU.

Popular in the US though.
KISS is certifying with CE right now. The company was bought by a European group and have a pretty exciting new model and upgrades to existing models coming out soon. One of the owners did a podcast last week and shared all of the details.

Don't bother with CCR at 'recreational depths' unless you want your diving to feel more like serenely snorkeling thru schools of fish that won't get out of your way, into a bag of perfect gas at any depth you please.

You may also miss feeling groggy or tired after days of firehosing high ppN2 gas into your dome and blowing deafening bubbles all over the place.

Disclaimer: it costs money and is more complicated and there are 3 or 4 additional ways to die

I see CCR at recreational depths at the quarries practicing for wreck exploration dives in the Great Lakes.
I am guilty of that. 2019 did the U352 and was the only rebreather on the boat. Handful of people on doubles. You could see a little cringe from the caption as I stepped on with the rebreather. Quick comment that I am just putting some recreational hours on it and all was good. I would often be one of the first in and last out. The masses hanging at the 10' safety stop, I comfortably was hanging out on the 20' while offgassing better then they were. Zero stress about gas supply.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom