Cayman Travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll once bubbled...
After more than fifteen years of travelling to and from the Caribbean I have come up with one hard and fast rule: I will not travel through Miami. Period. No exceptions.

Regrettable, I do a lot of work in Miami, so I experience the misery often and agree with Tim.

You can get to many places in the Carib via USAirways, which goes through Charlotte, and Delta often jumps via Atlanta, which spares the misery of Miami. On America, you're pretty much stuck with Miami. In the worst case, you have to change airllines and go through security again--an unwinnable situation.

You hit the nail on the head. From the northeast fly USAir or Delta. I stopped flying American after the last fiasco in Miami. I truly believe that most Caribbean airports are managed better and are safer than Miami.

Cave Diver once bubbled...

*Hint* make sure that your computer is OFF before flying or security guards may get a little tense. Trust me on this one... :D

Interesting. What is the concern?

I travel quite a lot. Each time I go through security, I am required to turn on every single electronic devise in my posession. ie: dive computers, cameras, laptop, PDA, cell phone, etc. I was under the impression that this was to be sure each devise is in fact legit, and not some kind of explosive (or dummy packed with drugs).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom