Cayman possible border reopening without quarantine by April or May!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Accordingly to the link I posted previously, (added below as well) you are supposed to disinfect gear “between sites” AND “at the end of the day” - that would seem to make 2 tank boat trips impossible?

SCTLD – Cayman Islands Department of Environment
If that’s true, that should be up for an IgNobel award. The idea that you could be carrying an organism from a divesite 800 yards away is laughable.

Starting Dec 17, Cayman Islands will require a negative COVID test within one day before departure to enter the country, but will now accept the rapid antigen test

So is the fact that it has been over a month since there was a post on the Cayman Islands subforum a subtle commentary on what the government's covid policies have done to diver interest in coming there?

Perhaps but more like likely a reflection of no changes of note

It seems we are all waiting for someone else to go through the process before committing ourselves-

From other conversations on SB, it looks like the Cayman Aggressor is no longer going to ply the islands. I have not heard one report of a non-property owner visiting Cayman since the new restrictions.

Would be interested to hear more from those on island. I see a few of the dive shops I know are planning trips for 2022 to the islands. Hopefully they don't get their hearts broken.

Are the resorts open? LCBR, etc.

@Divetech Cayman As others have indicated, it's surprising that this thread, so active before, has been silent for weeks, given the great deal of news and change as Omicron has swept through multiple nations. I've been expecting notice of a shut down. The silence is deafening.

What's been going on in the Caymans lately?

Hopefully I can add something helpful here mid-February. My wife and I are booked at LCBR Feb 2-12 and we are traveling in from the United States.

I’m on a rescheduled (from 2021) Dive shop trip to Sunset House on GCM from 4/2-4/9. Not sure we’ll actually go if they still have the 2 & 5 day post/arrival testing requirements in place.

Back
Top Bottom