Cayman Islands, Any Suggestions?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Desa

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
My wife and I are going to Grand Cayman in late October. I want to dive a lot, she wants to dive a little, so I need some suggestions as to where to stay, so we both get what we want out of the vacation.

I am looking for some middle of the road to higher, not anything that cost me a small fortune. Any ideas?????

very expensive there
we stayed at the anchorage condos
accomodations were just fine, not luxury, but not a dump, the best stretch of beach on the island.

on 7 mile beach but far from Georgetown and the shops etc. ( a good thing).

off the wall will pick you up right on the beach. boat is a little small though but he gets good reviews. i used wall to wall and they were great, and will pick you up by minibus.

what else does she like to do while not diving? that will dictate which part of the island to stay.

I am biased and stay on the quiet East End either a condo or a house, and dive with Ocean Frontiers (www.oceanfrontiers.com) they will pick you up from anywhere on the island. Put a search for Grand Cayman, there are many threads with our personal suggestions in there. Also, regardless of where you stay, if your wife wants to do other things while you dive, driving is on the left side of the road but very, very easy and it gives you freedom to see and enjoy more of what GC has to offer. PM me if I can help you further with other misc. suggestions. You have to dive Babylon while there :)
Maria

sharkdiver00:
what else does she like to do while not diving? that will dictate which part of the island to stay.

She is a woman.....She wants to shop..

Just for the record, we are celebrating our 25th wedding aniversary, and its going to be our little get-away fromthe rest of the world..

Thanks for your help.

Desa. I'm not sure how you can shop & get away from the rest of the world at the same time but if you do want to get away from the rest of the world you should go to Little Cayman rather than coming to Grand Cayman.

Desa:
She is a woman.....She wants to shop..

Just for the record, we are celebrating our 25th wedding aniversary, and its going to be our little get-away fromthe rest of the world..

Thanks for your help.
If you're looking for kinda quiet, private and romantic, check out Turtle Nest Inn. www.turtlenestinn.com
It's located oceanside in Boddentown,in the middle of the island on the southside. You would need to rent a car though and they don't have a dive op on-site, but they will arrange diving with Ocean Frontiers.
Its a small place, only has 8 rooms I think. My wife and I really enjoyed the place.

1st thing you do is pull up EXPEDIA and start checking prices ..... i spent a week on 7 mile beach and save hundreds on the airfare and the hotel. Then go to yahoo and search for Cayman Hotel Reviews. Do your self a favor and buy a book about different dive sights so you can ask where you're going or request something special. yes Cayman is "expense" but what isn't. My wife enjoys Cayman because you are not hassled by the locals like in Jamica or Mexico to buy something all the time. At 10pm we walked down the main drag to get a hambuger at Wendy's and felt safe ..... i love the Cayman Islands ...... take my sugeston and stay at one of the hotels on 7 mile beach .... one with a dive shop on the grounds and talk to them about a package deal on the diving..... they will pick you up at the hotel and drive you to the boats ..... 7 mile beach has a lot of shops and restrants to check out .... and remenber ... if you have a great dive and the guides go out of their way to help you out or show you around don't be afraid to tip them. my wife is short and needs 63 cu ft tanks because 80's are just too large for her ...... Don Foster's made sure she had them on every boat and we made 14 dives that week and never repeated a sight.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips.......

Just returned from Little Cayman....there's little to no shopping, but the diving was the best.... Bloody Bay Wall and Jackson Bite....tough to beat in the Caymans'

nipi:
Desa. I'm not sure how you can shop & get away from the rest of the world at the same time but if you do want to get away from the rest of the world you should go to Little Cayman rather than coming to Grand Cayman.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom