Cayman Casey...any info on Cayman Air?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxAgs92

Registered
Reaction score
I read that there was a public meeting in West End to get input on the future of Cayman Air on the 14th, and a meeting of the Finance Committee on the 15th to decide what to recommend to the legislature. Have you heard any information regarding the outcome of either of those meetings? I am scheduled to fly Cayman Air to the Brac in October and am really starting to get leery with all the talk that has surfaced about possibly shutting down the airline. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

For those interested, the links to the articles on the meetings are:
http://www.caribbeanavenue.com/airnews/2001/08/010802closecal.html

http://www.caribbeanavenue.com/airnews/2001/08/010810calfate.html

TxAgs92

Sorry about the delay in reply.... it's been a busy summer and I've been away from the board for a while...
Not to worry about Cayman Airways... at least for the immediate future (as in this year and at least next at least?) The government has decided to help secure a loan for the airways so they'll still be flying and have additional planes available to them for flights to the Sister Islands and some to Jamaica. So, no worries.
Have a blast on your trip! And cross your fingers for us down here.... Tropical storm "Chantal" is on her way and it looks like she's making a beeline for us! And getting stronger as she comes! We can only hope the B$%*# fizzles out! Casey

Just Wanted to say H O W D Y A G ! !

I'm "offically" class of '88, but didn't leave there until 1991.

Where you at now? And has the "original" aggie joke come true? (that's: What do you call an aggie 10 years after graduation? BOSS!)

Well for what its worth, I was originally '92, but it took me until '93. And yes, its true...I am head of a 3 person office with a UH grad and Sul Ross grad working under me. :D

TxAgs92

Hi Casey,

My wife and I are heading to Little Cayman island in a few weeks and I'm hoping to take a look at the weather conditions as we get closer to the trip. Do you (or anyone for that matter) know of a good website for tracking and forecasting the weather on the Caymans?

Of course, we're going to be under the water a lot of the time, so it probably doesn't matter too much! I can't help but be curious, though, after reading your post.

Thanks!

Rick

Thanks very much for the link, RonC. Hopefully Hurricane Humberto will hold course and stay away from the Caymans. The last thing I need to see on vacation is 90 MPH winds!

Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom