Cayman Brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hammondhe

New
Reaction score
I am thinking of returning to Cayman Brac in the spring of 2005. I will be with my wife, who does not dive, but enjoys sunbathing. I was there in 1988 with my son and stayed at the Brac Reef Resort.
What is the status of Brac Reef, and are there other good lodging places there that might be as good or better to use. Quality food service is important. Also important are dive operators, what can you tell me about them?
Thanks.

Heya Hammondhe, Sorry I can't help you out with info your looking for but I wanted to say hi and welcome you aboard nevertheless!

Cheers

Welcome to ScubaBoard! :happywave

Try posting your question in the Greater Caribbean & Bahamas forum. You'll most likely find your best answers to your questions there.

Don't forget to fill out your profile, so that we can add context to your future posts. Also, once we know where you are geographically, you may find that you'll have a whole bunch of new dive buddies to choose from locally.

Dive safe!

Christian

P.S. Due to the high volume of new posts in the Introductions and Greets forum, it's not always possible to keep up with all the new posts here. So, please help me out and send me a PM if you post anything you want me to read or repsond to in this forum.
:palmtree: :sunny

Welcome to Scubaboard. Like Headhunter pointed out, there's a forum that encompasses that area. Hopefully you'll be able to get the information you need.

Welcome to the board and have fun on your trip. Sorry, I don't know anything about Brac Reef but if I did I would surely tell you. If you have any other questions please PM me.

P.S. Don't forget to fill out your profile.

Welcome to the board!
I was on the Brac in June. We stayed at Caribe Sands. Really nice condos. They provided supplies for breakfast. We rented a car so we could get to the grocery store. The restaurant next door was very good but as is everything in Cayman it was a little pricey. We dove with Brac Reef Divers and loved it. Great boats, site selection and exceptional divemasters. After the first dive with them they left us alone. They'd anchor the boat toss my gear in for me, lets us dive our dive and then pull my gear out of the water when we were done. No problems what so ever. When I go back to the Brac I will stay at Brac Reef to eliminate the hassles with meals. Don't think by this post that I wasn't 100% pleased with everything on the Brac but it would be easier to stay at Reef Divers.

Joe

Howdy!

Just want to add my welcome, too! Do check our Carribean forum for info on Caymans.

PM me if I can help you find your way around here. And do complete your Profile, as it'll help in future discussions...

don :crafty:

I agree with ScubaJoe, I was there last Dec and after trying a couple of different places, always come back thinking I should have gone back to the Brac Reef, their operation -Brac Reef Divers- is still the best one on the island.
Maria

Welcome to Scuba Board!
It's great to have you as a member! if you have any questions, or need help with something, feel free to PM me. Hope to see you around the board!!

<33 Jess

hammondhe:
I am thinking of returning to Cayman Brac in the spring of 2005. I will be with my wife, who does not dive, but enjoys sunbathing. I was there in 1988 with my son and stayed at the Brac Reef Resort.
What is the status of Brac Reef, and are there other good lodging places there that might be as good or better to use. Quality food service is important. Also important are dive operators, what can you tell me about them?
Thanks.

Hello from Matt,

Welcome to ScubaBoard ! :1poke: I came here to look for help with my scuba diving dream and the response has been fantastic. So, I know you will enjoy being a member here.
There are a lot of nice and informative scuba divers. It's a good place to meet other divers and share experiences and dreams. Take care from Matt. :snorkels:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom