Cayman Brac in October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

js1221

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm starting to show symptoms of diving withdraw. I was looking at Cayman Brac the second week of October but am concerned about the weather. Is October a good/bad time to go to Brac? I would be staying at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort while there.

I'm starting to show symptoms of diving withdraw. I was looking at Cayman Brac the second week of October but am concerned about the weather. Is October a good/bad time to go to Brac? I would be staying at the Cayman Brac Beach Resort while there.
End of hurricane season, make sure you buy trip insurance. If your luck holds out it should be good diving.

Unless you get a tropical storm, the weather should be fine. It is usually a bit cooler than August/September and a bit windier but the water should still be 84-86F. You are a bit more likely to get a ENE or NE wind during October, which can wash out diving on the northside if it is too strong. That is less of a problem on Brac than it is on Little Cayman because there are more dive sites that are of comparable quality on the south side of Brac. On Little Cayman, the dropoff in quality from the north side to the south side of the island is more significant. The depth of the dive sites on both islands are a bit deeper on the south side in general also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom