Cayman Aggressor: When does it become too much?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We had to do the rapid antigen test coming back into the US from Aggressor as well. They had a doc come on board after we docked the day before departure and it was $75 each.

So is there any limit to how long Aggressor can hold onto our money, or are we prisoners of this organization?

Most would agree that The Aggressor has long ago spent your money.

Slots to rebook? No money comes to Aggressor for the rebooks, only costs. How is this going to workout?

Most would agree that The Aggressor has long ago spent your money.

Slots to rebook? No money comes to Aggressor for the rebooks, only costs. How is this going to workout?
Beats me. If we could have gotten our money back right away, we (4 of us) would likely have done an alternative trip somewhere else, likely on another Aggressor boat. Now that we have ad this experience, we know better.

What does this mean, Covid testing for reentry into the US? This is off the Pacific Fleet website:

Covid-19 Testing for Travel to the US

As everyone is now aware, the United States is now requiring all persons entering the US by air to have a negative PCR or Antigen test administered no less than 72 hours prior to arrival in the US. This test has to be certified by a Lab or a medical professional. This documentation MUST be provided to the airline upon check in or the guest will be denied boarding.
This is a tricky situation for you, our guests as we are aware many of you fly out the morning after we arrive back in port. Therefore, we have come up with a solution. We arrive after normal lab hours so we have contracted with a lab that will come to the vessel and administer the required Antigen test. We are doing the Antigen test as we can get the results very quickly unlike the full PCR which does take about 48 hours and since the US will accept the Antigen test, this is the one we will be using. The results will be emailed to each guest in time for your flight.
The cost of each test is 2,160 pesos or approx. $110 USD. We will accept cash or credit card on board.
Of note, is that this applies to all travelers entering the US, either to stay or in transit. Canadians however still require the full PCR test which has a 48 hour turnaround as dictated by the Government of Canada.
If you go with Nautilusliveaboards.com it’ll be free of charge. They even credit your $75/day Marine Park fee.

I’ll be on Nautilus Belle Amie for this Guadalupe trip on August 11-16. It was a rescheduled trip from last July.

They are making every person have a test when they get back to Mexico before they enter into the United States. Then if you fail the said test they offer you no hotel room or anything until you can get back in the United States.
Sorry, I did not get that out of your earlier post. I assume you are vaccinated, everyone will have a negative Covid PCR before boarding, perhaps you'll take some precautions on board, do you think the risk of having a positive Covid antigen test at the end of the trip is very high? It may not be zero, but it shouldn't be much higher. If your expectations are that they would put you up until you can return to the US, that's that.

I am not an Aggressor fan. I had full-boat charter in the Red Sea, and their boat burned and sank before the trip.
I had great difficulty getting my money back, which only happened (I suspect) because my travel broker -- a big one -- intervened.
Not to mention they way they treated the survivors who were ON the boat when it burned and sank.
No thanks, Aggressor. I have other dive boats I can put people on.
Why did you want to cancel the trip? I thought they provided a temporary replacement boat, Scuba Scene, for you then? It happened to me too and I ended up on Scuba Scene, which is a great boat. See my trip report, below.

Trip Report - BDE Trip Report, 21-28 December, 2019

May be it’s just my luck, I have been on 4 different Aggressor boats (Palau Aggressor II, Maldives Aggressor II, Scuba Scene as Red Sea Aggressor I temporary replacement, Okeanos Aggressor I) and so far so good. Fingers crossed. Knock on wood.

I have also been on 4 Aggressor boats and had a great time. I spent 2 weeks on the Red Sea Aggressor I in 2016, well before it caught fire and sank in 2019. I was on the Okeanos Aggressor II to Cocos in 2017, the Galapagos Aggressor III in 2018, and the Cayman Aggressor V in 2018. I guess I have been as lucky as @Dan.
Trip Report - Red Sea Aggressor April-May 2016
Trip Report - Cocos, March 27-April 5, 2017
Trip Report - Galapagos Aggressor III April 26-May 3, 2018
Trip Report - Cayman Aggressor V, November 24-December 1, 2018

Why did you want to cancel the trip?
I was leading the trip, and the boat was full. Aggressor was casual about offering alternative arrangements, all with their infamous "we are the Aggressor Fleet and what we say goes, f*** your questions and concerns." My customers were not happy, and when we saw the indifferent treatment the fire survivors got, they did not want to get treated like that.

Well this thread has been eye opening. I have been looking at doing my first liveaboard trip after my upcoming Cozumel trip and I can say after reading all these responses I don't think I'll consider Aggressor. The main reason is that they seem customer hostile, but a close second is my concern that if they can't offer refunds because money is so tight, what other corners are they cutting due to financial pressures?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom