Cavern, Intro, & Full Cave

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tavi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well.......since my Bahamas vacation is canceled (Frances took the roof off of our resort). I guess I can afford a trip to Florida this winter. I was deciding between Trimix or Cave. My Tec Instructor suggested doing Cave first to improve my skills.
So Me and a Buddy are signed up to take Cavern, Intro, & Full Cave with Larry Green in January!! :)

I'll be ready for some warm weather by then!! :wink:

cool, although I am a bit biased because of where I live. Cave is VERY cool and will increase your skills tremendously, and it is a great excuse to get to Florida or here in Mexico....

Tavi:
Well.......since my Bahamas vacation is canceled (Frances took the roof off of our resort). I guess I can afford a trip to Florida this winter. I was deciding between Trimix or Cave. My Tec Instructor suggested doing Cave first to improve my skills.
So Me and a Buddy are signed up to take Cavern, Intro, & Full Cave with Larry Green in January!! :)

I do agree with you tech instructor. Took my cave class last February in Florida and it was something else. I'm leaving for Mexico in a few weeks, guess I can let you know what's best when I come back. I still don't have the trimix course, but I did dive on trimix once. No big difference with a nitrox dive with deco on O2. I guess eventually I will need the card if I want to get my tanks filled by people outside my diving group.

The cave course covers pretty much every aspects of diving techniques and will make you a bette diver.

Welcome to the boards!!!

I'll be looking forward to hearing about Mexico when you get back!! :)

Tavi:

Tavi, full cave course will give you new skill's and teach you new thing's, the course is great, you'll learn ALOT, and when your done be a much better , streamlined diver, i havn't took a tri-mix course yet, but i know what's entailed, obviousley if your thinking of going with Tri-mix, you dove with doubles all ready, so there shouldnt be alot of new equipment you'll have to get used to, other then maybe dry-suit, don;t know if you dive that right now, but for full cave it's hard to do a prolonged dive and have a small amount of deco obligation and be cold !! Good luck with your course, you'll love it, you wouldn;t belive how much of the skill's you'll use in wreck's, and in diving overall, even when i dive reek's now, im configured, and dive like in a cave, my technique is very streamlined, and great applying some of them in wreck's, which you'll probley do on Tri-mix dive's, unless you just want to go down 200+ feet to look at the fishes :wink: Good luck, enjoy it !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom