Cave training in Missouri

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

There are three easily accesable caves in Missouri that I know of. Roubidoux is a GREAT cave but you can't go that far unless you're going deep.

Roubidoux is the only truely "public" cave. IIRC the others are on private land and require you to get permission from the owners. Roubldoux only requires you to check in at the Sherif's office.

I know a few people who have completed full cave in Missouri caves. For some one who lives in the area it might not be a bad idea to get used to them up front. They don't use gloves for cave diving in Florida but we do it in dry gloves in Missouri.

Yea, you could go either way on that. Learn on the local caves as that is where you are likely to spend time, or learn on the "easier" caves and add on to your skills later. Me, I went to Florida as I have yet to make the monetary splurge that is a drysuit and I didn't figure I needed the task loading of freezing my ***** off during training.....

James

James Goddard once bubbled...

I didn't figure I needed the task loading of freezing my ***** off during training.....

Call me strange, but I like the cold water.

I may change my tune doing a long deco stop in 56 degree water.

divermasterB once bubbled...

Call me strange, but I like the cold water.

I may change my tune doing a long deco stop in 56 degree water.

I don't mind it so much either, but again, all I've got is a 7mm. 56 is starting to hit that line that I would probably notice being cold. I just prefered not to train under those conditions.

I agree with scubatopia. I have done training with Jason Weisacosky and by far was the best instructor I have ever had. If you want to do it right the first time he is the instructor to contact.

Good call Scubatopia and Decobottle! Jason Wiesacosky is highly recommended by me also. I have done up thru full cave and Trimix with him. He is extremely meticulous, you will get training well beyond the minimum. You will come out of training with him knowing you know what is going on or you will keep on training. Definately not one to pass someone on to the next level before they are ready.

He is in Solo Mo., you can find his number @ OCDA.org

Most importantly he is DIR and when he is thru with you, you will know exactly why we do things the way we do.

My god, I think I am going to get sick.
I would NOT recommend TGADC for ANYTHING diving related.
I can not stress enough how much I would not recommend any PADI or TGADC technical training.
I can give details to back up my statements so ask if you are truly interested.
I am a cave instructor and I have seen the quality of training and it makes me sick!!

Missouri caves are very good and Cannon Ball is great.
The only instructors I would recommend are Jason as already mentioned, Shannon Wallace out of the Tulsa area or Ron Shirley from Kansas.

Feel free to contact me,
h2ocave@yahoo.com

H2ocave once bubbled:

I can not stress enough how much I would not recommend any PADI technical training.

I'm not trying to start a war here, but I emailed you privately for a reply and recieved no response. I asked you for those details you are talking about. The material I have read from other agencies doesn't hold a candle to PADI. PADI leaves cave diving alone, I don't get your beef?

OK, i know they have already been bashed on this thread.

However, West End Diving at the Bonne Terre Mine is trying to put together a cave course.

might want to call down and get more info. the guy to talk to would be Steve Russell.

I started this thread....

I would rather not do anything associated with West End. Especially if it involves cave training.

Personal prefference. PM if you want details.

Back
Top Bottom